From the era of kings and queens to modern day lifestyle, the definition of Luxury has created a benchmark in the hospitality industry. The hospitality across the globe has seen rise in the extravagance and today the world has seen ultra-modern cities loaded with dazzling infrastructure, transport and lifestyle. Luxury in the hospitality industry was always presumed as a resort spread across land with lush green gardens and a room with kingly facilities, services beyond expectations which creates unforgettable memories for you and your guests. Today, the hospitality is elevated to a new level. Ever imagined a lavish lifestyle at 35000 ft off the ground?? Well now a days, Singapore airline is personifying luxury through the skies.
As you read, we are not only sharing our personal reviews, but also the best possible reasons which will make you a Singapore Airlines Loyalist!
- Airlines Across Many Destinations – Singapore Airlines has extensive connectivity across 34 countries and more than 60 destinations worldwide! It is one of the largest airlines that runs more than 100 aircrafts. Operating from its hub in Singapore’s Changi airport, the airline has an excellent network across South East Asia.
- Nonstop Flights – The airlines has direct connections to most of the countries. Additionally, this year Singapore airlines would be re-launching direct flights to the USA (Singapore – New York) which will be the longest flight schedule at present.
- Wine For You At 35000 Feet – Offering the finest selection of Wine & Champagne which have been tested under the cabin pressure by the expert wine sommeliers for only the best to be served to the guests traveling with Singapore Airlines. The appetizing delicacy served along with the wines will leave you craving for more.
- Mouth Watering Gourmets - When it comes to onboard meals on Singapore Airlines, none can beat this international carrier. I was absolutely amazed to find out the meals on board the airlines economy class is much better than the business class carriers of several other. Singapore airlines offer a wide range of meal options along with a personalized hospitality service. Moreover, they offer an option to book a personalized meal as per preference in Premium Economy, Business Class & Suites. One can enjoy a world-class gourmet along with a glass of wine and browse through a wide range of entertainment channels. The airlines also offers an exclusive range of meal selection for the little ones too!
- Amenity Kit for you - When it’s all about luxury, Singapore Airlines ensures no compromise are made! Offering the best, the Ferragamo kit designed in Italy is provided in SUITES and the First Class travelers.
- Singapore City Tour – If you have a transit point in Singapore, you have the option to enjoy a free Singapore tour organized by the airlines with Singapore Tourism board. Enjoy the vibrant city when you fly with Singapore Airlines!
- The Changi Airport – Well, it is undoubtedly is one of the best airports of the world. The infrastructure of the airport is well organized with more than 360 retail outlets along with best in class food and beverage outlets and lounge facilities. The entire airport has high speed internet with more than 500 internet kiosks, child care facilities and play activities for kids, also entertainment facilities like 24 hours movie theatre and play station. One can enjoy at the facility of swimming pool at terminal 1 at an additional charge.
- The Power Of The Boarding Pass –Don’t think of the Boarding pass as another piece of paper! It gives you the power to avail special discounted prices at selected dining options, shopping centres, certain hotels in Singapore or overseas and so much more!
- Hospitality Beyond Outlook – When it’s about services, Singapore Airlines spares absolutely no expense. The highly trained staff is exceptionally the best when it comes to serving their guests by providing benchmark hospitality miles above the ground. Dressed in a professional attire which is specially designed for the airlines, the in flight crew are hospitable and warm while serving the guest with a smile & simply believe in creating an unforgettable impression in your mind.
- Entertainment For You In The Sky – The in-flight entertainment system is a complete package for the passengers fully loaded with over 1000 movies, music, games and much more. What is more, that you can access internet as you travel at an additional cost.
- Best Offered In Every Class - Be it an economy class or the Suites, the comfort level and the service offered will always exceed your expectations. Following are the different classes of cabins offered by Singapore Airlines –
- Economy – As we would say, the best of all the rest! The economy cabin of Singapore Airlines offers the best, including comfortable seats which can be reclined and still have plenty of leg room, choice of meals(vegetarian and non-vegetarian) including choice of kids meal, an amazing entertainment system load with over 1000 entertainment channels and moreover a choice of internet connectivity. WANT MORE? You have a usb port to charge your device and storage space as well! IS IT ECONOMY? OH YES!!!
- Premium Economy - An upgraded version of economy with a few add-ons available only on Airbus – A380, 350 and Boeing -777. Facilities like extra leg room and choice of booking a meal as per your choice from a wide variety of dishes arranged especially by empaneled chefs and experts of Singapore Airlines including special diet meals(requires booking at least 24 hrs before departure) along with a great selection of wine and champagne.
- Business class – Travelling on business class, can be compared to none in terms of luxury and service. Depending on the type of Aircraft, Singapore airlines offers the ultimate luxury with choice of flat-bed providing homely comfort, pre booked meal served with personalized services in a relaxed environment and all of this 22000 ft above the ground.
- First Class – Now this is the epitome of luxury. A roomy 35 inch wide premium leather seat which can be extended to an 80 inch flat bed and a world class entertainment system with a personalized 23 inch TV with bose headphones topped with the overwhelming services by the in-flight crew. This is an experience that spoils the guests with what to anticipate while they travel with other airlines.
- The Suites – The Suites are a definition to personalized luxury beyond beliefs. A personal cabin which can anytime be converted into a double bed. The suites offer a separate bed, a selection from widespread range of dishes prepared by international chefs, served in bone china exclusively designed for Singapore Airlines and an indulging entertainment system.
BAGS PACKED?? Hope we are able to contribute to your travel plans with Singapore Airlines. Additionally, there are a few facts about the journey of the luxurious Singapore Airlines!
- The National carrier of Singapore took its first flight in 1947 and was named at that time as Malayan Airlines limited as a subsidiary of the government of Singapore. Did you know that it flew with only 5 passengers with no flight stewardess.
- The year 1970’s was the era when Singapore Airlines introduced additional services for its passengers travelling in the economy class by introducing headsets free of cost, choice of gourmet and drinks! Seems this was the year which made the aviation industry realize the importance of the hospitality industry as a new benchmark was set.
- Singapore Airlines became one of the first airlines to induct the luxurious Boeing 737 into its fleet in the 1960’s. In fact, they again created history after a few years to induct the iconic Boeing 747 - 400 and fly across the pacific followed by inducting the iconic Boeing 777 aircraft!
- Singapore airlines became the first airlines in the 21st century to operate a nonstop flight to New York and Los Angles from Singapore operating the luxurious Airbus A – 340 and offering a never before experience to its passengers. Now that certainly was a breakthrough in the aviation industry.
- Singapore Airlines has been named as the youngest airliner! It is because that all its aircrafts have an average lifespan of 7 years and they keep on adding new aircrafts accordingly making it the youngest flying fleet. Likewise, the in-flight crew providing services to the travelers are all young and vibrant.,